EXPLO Pre-College + Career | Wellesley College Entrepreneurship with Social Impact
Connect with industry experts, including EXPLO alumni, who are active entrepreneurs and consultants from leading firms. Get insights and tips on everything from securing internships to developing great leadership behaviors.
About this Concentration
New in 2022: Motivated by an intense desire to address the complex challenges of our future, social entrepreneurs see the world not just as it is now, but how it could be. They possess leadership capabilities, including deep self-awareness, empathy, adaptability, and a purpose-driven mindset in order to be a global change-maker. Prepare to be challenged to think differently, encouraged to shift your own perspective, and empowered to become an entrepreneurial force for change. Learn effective leadership and business strategies, frameworks for sustainability and scaling, and models for developing and testing ideas.
In Entrepreneurship with Social Impact, learn how leading entrepreneurs develop a deep understanding of the communities they impact to effectively tackle a variety of social challenges including poverty, climate change, and equitable access to education. Connect with social entrepreneurs from around the world who have launched businesses that address social challenges and scaled organizations globally through securing funding. Learn from their successes and, more importantly, their missteps. For the culminating project, collaborate with your team to help a local community with a real problem they currently face. Deliver an innovative solution with your team to address this need to a panel of business leaders, entrepreneurs, and experts for feedback on a variety of dimensions, including feasibility, scalability, and potential for meaningful impact.
College Credit is available through Sarah Lawrence and Hampshire College. Learn more.
- Case Interview training with Marc Cosentino — McKinsey + Company says “Cosentino is the Dean of Case Interviews.” Cosentino’s coaching can prepare you to nail business case interviews, a prerequisite for many competitive internships and jobs in the industry. Cosentino also explains how you can start a case competition team at your high school and join a case competition network.
- World-Class Experts — Connect with industry experts, including EXPLO alumni, who are active entrepreneurs and consultants from leading firms. Get insights and tips on everything from securing internships to developing great leadership behaviors.
- Design Sprint — Confront an entrepreneurial challenge using a one-week Design Sprint structure to identify a root cause of a problem, evaluate solutions, then create and test prototypes with authentic stakeholders.
- Session 1: June 26 – July 8, 2022
- Session 2: July 10 – July 22, 2022
- Session 3: July 24 – August 5, 2022
- EXPLO Pre-College + Career students are required to bring a laptop, computer, tablet, or Chromebook to the program. All devices must be able to access the Internet and utilize basic word processing and presentation-type programs (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) Rentals are available after enrollment in the program. Please contact our Admissions Team at 781.762.7400 for more information on rentals.