EXPLO Pre-College + Career | Wellesley College Entrepreneurship
Ideate then iterate startup ventures in a design sprint format while building fundamental business skills to start, then scale your business.
About this Concentration
Motivated by an intense desire to address the complex challenges of our future, entrepreneurs see the world not just as it is now, but how it could be. They possess leadership capabilities, adaptability, and a purpose-driven mindset to build businesses that do everything from shape our future to solve everyday problems. An idea is only as good as its execution and entrepreneurs lean on business fundamentals such as marketing, budgeting, hiring, scaling, and financing to start and grow their ventures.
In this Concentration, explore how leading entrepreneurs develop a deep understanding of the customers they impact to identify, ideate, and iterate product solutions. Learn effective leadership and business strategies, frameworks for sustainability and scaling, and models for developing and testing new ideas. Connect with entrepreneurs from around the world who have launched businesses that address societal challenges and scaled organizations globally through securing funding. For the culminating project, collaborate with your team to build a venture from scratch using a design sprint format to deliver an innovative solution with your team to a panel of business leaders, entrepreneurs, and experts for feedback on a variety of dimensions, including feasibility, scalability, and potential for meaningful impact.
College Credit is available through Sarah Lawrence and Hampshire College. Learn more.
- World-Class Experts — Connect with industry experts, including EXPLO alumni, who are active entrepreneurs and consultants from leading firms. Get insights and tips on everything from securing internships to developing great leadership behaviors.
- Professional Networking — Practice making connections, finding collaborators, and vetting new ideas with business owners, consultants, and academics from a variety of industries.
- Case Interview training with Marc Cosentino — McKinsey + Company says “Cosentino is the Dean of Case Interviews.” Cosentino’s coaching can prepare you to nail business case interviews, a prerequisite for many competitive internships and jobs in the industry. Cosentino also explains how you can start a case competition team at your high school and join a case competition network.
- Harvard Business School Visit and Admissions — Tour Harvard University and Harvard Business School, and hear from business students about their experiences and educational pathways.
- Design Sprint — Confront an entrepreneurial challenge using a one-week Design Sprint structure to identify a root cause of a problem, evaluate solutions, then create and test prototypes with authentic stakeholders.
- Session 1: June 25 - July 14
- EXPLO Pre-College students are required to bring a laptop, computer, tablet, or Chromebook to the program. All devices must be able to access the Internet and utilize basic word processing and presentation-type programs (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.) Rentals are available after enrollment in the program. Please contact our Admissions Team at 781.762.7400 for more information on rentals.