Jumpstart your boarding school prep journey
The move to boarding school can be a big decision that comes with many questions.
- Is boarding school a good match for my kid? Would they like it? Thrive there?
- Is there a way to find out before sending them?
- Is there a way to make the transition to boarding school easier?
The answer to all of these boarding school prep questions is yes. One of the best ways to prepare for boarding school is to try a short-term residential academic enrichment program before attending boarding school. EXPLO is uniquely designed to provide students with structured choices to help foster social and emotional learning.
Get ready for boarding school life with EXPLO
There are tremendous benefits to learning where you live. An EXPLO residential program lets students show themselves that they’re ready for boarding school life. Our renowned three-week residential academic enrichment programs give students the chance to:
- Learn that they can do boarding—and love it
- Make new friends from around the world
- Confidently participate in small classes where they are known by peers and teachers
- Practice living with a roommate
- Learn to advocate for themselves and become more independent
Our excellence is recognized
EXPLO is accredited by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges, a worldwide leader in accreditation. We also maintain close connections and communication with leaders in boarding school education, making us the perfect choice for boarding school prep.
EXPLO Boarding School Advisory Committee
Many EXPLO students discover how much they enjoy residential learning and go on to attend boarding school. Our senior staff is always happy to advise families about boarding school, and depends on our Boarding School Advisory Committee to stay abreast of the evolution of specific schools, as well as boarding schools in general. The committee comprises highly experienced admission leaders at distinguished schools where EXPLO students have matriculated.